Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Doja Cat apologizes for using racial slurs after an unreleased song resurfaces online



Doja Cat has apologised after song with racial slurs resurfaces online and went viral, the track was titled "Dindu Nuffin" which is an inappropriate that mocks those who are victims of police brutality ever since the videos surfaced, #DojaCatisOverParty trended on twitter for several days.

Doja who is a daughter of South African actor, composer and producer Dumisani Dlamini, explained that part of her is African and she is very proud of where she comes from in her statement an also addressed rumours that she made racist comments in the internet chatroom.

"I want to address what's been happening on Twitter. 

I've used public chat rooms to socialize since I was a child. I shouldn't have been if some of those chat room sites, but I personally have never been involved in any racist conversations. I'm sorry to every one I offended.

I'm a black woman. Half of my family is black from South Africa and I'm very proud of where I come from.

As for the song that surfaced, it was in no way tied to anything outside of my own personal experience. It was written in response to people who often used that term to hurt me. I made an attempt to flip its meaning, but recognise it was a bad decision to use it my music.

I understand my influence and impact and I'm taking this all and I'm sorry for upsetting or hurting any of you. That's not my character,  and I'm determined to show that to everyone moving forward.  Thank you."


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar