Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ebbing on the low tide...

Life has it's ups and downs.
This week has been a tedious one for many reasons.



We lost a family member, my beloved uncle, who was in hospital with pneumonia.
Fortunately Mother and I were able to visit him on his birthday.
We had no idea that he would pass away the next day...


The skies opened up and it rained..
the first in over a month
I thought it appropriate
like the sky was shedding tears.


I didn't go for my walk
I had arranged to meet a friend for a lovely walk and then a coffee
but I had to cancel.

Instead I had to go over and give Mother the sad news.
She took it very hard.
It's the end of an era...

My father was first to pass in 2007
then my Aunt in 2010 and now my uncle in 2013.
We sat and hugged and chatted for awhile until I felt she was composed and able to be left alone.

I visited the florist and picked out a bouquet to be sent to my cousins
and set about getting the ingredients to make a huge lasagna to take over to the family.
I rolled up my sleeves and got busy in the kitchen chopping and sauteing 
assembling a roasting pan full to the brim of nutritious veggies 
 a spicy tomato sauce topped with grated mozzarella cheese.

It felt good to be alone with my thoughts and busy with my hands.
I wept
as I remembered my uncle
 pictures of past events formed in my mind
it is in this simple way that I am honoring him.


He made this necklace for me in 1971
I cannot remember what the Chinese character means...
but I do recall him mentioning it was something that he chose just for me.


I wore this when I was the flower girl at his wedding
My aunt and Uncle gave it to me as a gift that very day
It is something that I dearly treasure.


Soon we will gather together as a family
in his honour
to share our thoughts and reminisce...
and keep him alive in our hearts.

~ ~ ~


The tide ebbs and flows
I take a breath and smell the salty air
there is a cool mist of fog on the horizon
 I see an empty bench...
 I take a moment and pause 
reflecting on how precious life is
and how fortunate we are to have had special people in our lives.


Namaste.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar