Like many people, I have a special fondness for Knott's Berry Farm's original Ghost Town. Cordelia Knotts' chicken dinners were so popular that wait times could be up to 3 hours (!), and Walter Knott wisely began to build his "old west" town to keep patrons entertained. Genius!
When I was a kid, one of the buildings I always wanted to see was the Bottle House. Yes, it was made entirely of bottles, cement, wood, and the secret ingredient - plutonium. Wait, I mean "love", the secret ingredient was love. Walking into the house on a sunny day (and let's face it, most days are sunny), one would be dazzled by the hundreds of spots of bright color transmitted through bottles of amber, green, blue, and clear glass. It's surprisingly magical. My memory is that it was often very hot in there too, but you can't have everything. The bottle house is now a gift shop.
There are no guests in this photo of the Butterfield Stage Station, but there are some ghosts (nine if you count the ghost of a cat). Say, Knott's should make a phone app like "Pokemon Go", in which guests can catch ghosts! There's a million dollar idea, free of charge. You're welcome, Cedar Fair.
You can still ride a stage coach at the park, though the view is not quite as charming as it used to be. Still, Disneyland's coaches were removed 1958, so it's the only way to go!

0 Yorumlar