For those in the know, the single rider line is a great way to save some time. As I talked about last week, Disneyland has two single rider lines – Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain. Disney’s California Adventure is filled with them.
Remember, the idea of the single rider line is to maximize the load capacity of an attraction. Instead of an empty seat they have you!
Anybody can use a single rider line but you will not get a choice of seat or sit with your buddies. If you try to skirt the rules I will be one of those that will make fun of you as you get pushed to the back of the line.
Take advantage of this single rider line and it can be a real timesaver. You are going to aim for the Cast Member standing near the Fastpass machine entrance. Ask for a single rider pass. Take your pass and go back toward the boardwalk. You will see a gate. It may look like an exit but it is your entrance.
This one isn't open all the time so you have to check for the sign. As you approach the ride entrance, look for a sign along the fence on the left. It is hinged and has two messages. One is a road sign and the other states the single rider line is operating.
In most cases, the single rider line provides some great time benefits. I am not so sure with Soarin'. Sometimes you walk right on. Many times you will see huge herds of people passing by time and time again. With that said, when the stand-by line is 60 minutes and there are no more Fastpasses and you are determined I say give it a shot.
Go to the Fastpass entrance gate. You know the drill...ask the Cast Member manning the gate for a single rider pass. You will slide down the ramp in you own aisle and will be asked to wait at the bottom of the ramp. And wait. And wait. Sometimes you get lucky but you may have to wait a couple of cycles. It is amazing how they can stack bodies on these 87 person vehicles. It is pretty certain that you are going to be on one of the ends. If you are bottom row Concourse C trip out on how the Golden Gate Bridge bends.
When the attraction opened in Florida they had a single rider line. But that was removed rather quickly. Thankfully we still this wonderful benefit right here in California. Let's just say when I am at the Studios in Florida I am not running straight to Toy Story. I can ride it anytime. This is how.
Assuming you actually want to ride this space shot ride and the non-existent line is still too much for you, I suggest the single rider line. This one is always a walk up. Instead of going through the regular line lean to the left along the fence. The single rider queue will take you straight to the loading dock. You not have to wait long.
Okay here is an extreme tip. When it is broiling hot and I am staying overnight at the parks, I love to run back to my room, change into my swimming trunks and Crocs, and comeback for multiple rides. The sensation is like swimming while sitting down. Or something like that.
To get to the single rider line walk to the stairs where everybody else is exiting. Go up the stairs toward the loading dock like a salmon swimming upstream (themed?). You will stand next to the stand by line. With 8 seats per raft there is always a spare seat. Cycle around a few times, grab my towel (oops did I say I brought a towel and put it in the locker?) and head back to the hotel to change.
Although there is no official single rider line, I have learned a trick that can save up to 5 minutes. After you exit the library (can someone explain why the library is on the same level as the boiler room?) and you enter the queue, watch the Cast Members. They are always on the prowl for parties of one to fill a seat. Once recognized you will get to move through the line to a car that is about to be launched.

0 Yorumlar