Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Massage and Energy and Homework

I went for my monthly massage today instead of meeting the cryptic crossword friends.  Massage easily wins.  Relaxing, pleasant,  shoulders,  back,  legs and circulation.   All in an hour and then I stay for a chat and no rushing away, not allowed, have to rest and talk and  sit for a while she says.

The weather is cold and very windy and the sunshine of this morning has gone.  The wind gusts so much that this house sounds like it has a 40 tonne lorry running outside.  I have checked even and there is nothing there.  

I feel so alive this afternoon it makes me think I should go for a massage more than once a month. 

I am doing my Impressionist homework which is to look at  Manet and the Tuileries Gardens paintings.   His painting Music in the Tuileries Gardens painted circa 1860 has a claim to being regarded as the most influential on the younger generation of Impressionists.    It is a good example of Manet and the bold use of paint, painting outside and unconventional use of colour and painterly freedom.    

The Tuileries Gardens were a popular meeting place for Parisian leisured classes at the time.  Concerts were performed regularly and Manet's painting depicts the elegant crowd attracted by one of these events.     Manet made many drawings in sketch books, en plein air, which have survived, when he went most afternoons with his friend Baudelaire. but the finished painting is a studio construction from his sketch book studies.    The ink and wash drawings of the trees are particular striking.     The painting caused uproar at the time for its daring use of colour and unmixed colours and for breaking pictorial conventions.   The lack of a central focus or of any measured spacial recession was considered shocking.   

Image result for the tuileries gardens manet"Manet's Music in the Tuileries Gardens 

No wonder I am itching to go back to Paris, all this Impressionist art and massaged induced energy.   Our end of term outing is going to be the Fitzwilliam, Cambridge,  however, not Paris.  I will have to do a Paris trip on my own sometime. 







Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar