Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I'm hooked ...


I'm not much a card player.  Let me correct that.   I'm not a good card player. 

I'm not crazy about board games either.  Oh, I like Monopoly for a while, then after a few hours,  I frantically start trying to find ways to go bankrupt. 

So on my recent visit to Ottawa, when my family suggested I play a new board game, I cringed internally, while externally I enthusiastically responded, "Oh yes, let's".

There is something intimidating about learning a new game: or am I the only one who feels that way ?

The first time playing a new game, involves so much assimilation of rules, that it's hard to know if you like the game or not.  After the second game, you start to have an inkling if it's for you.  And, as they say, the third time's a charm.

And I have been charmed by Carcassonne.


Created in Germany in 2000 and named after a medieval fortified town in southern France, it's a tile-based, board game, for two to five players.  The tiles may represent a piece of castle, river, field, road or monastery.  Tiles are selected blind, and must be laid down in a connected fashion, and if possible, claimed as your own.  

Playing with nephew Keith and his wife, Beth.

There is a nice balance of strategy and luck in the game.  And best of all, it doesn't last more than an hour.

Unless of course you play three games in a row.

Have you ever played Carcassonne ?   

Do you have a favourite board game ?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar